Navigating USC’s parking and transportation
The navigation of a large campus can sometimes be challenging. To aid in your experience of getting around campus, we have assembled a list of resources.
USC follows the ADA recommended percentage of handicap accessible parking spaces. Some spaces may require a parking permit (i.e. garage parking). For ease of access USC’s Office of Transportation provides maps for both UPC and HSC accessible spaces. Please note that all parking garages require either a USC parking permit or a daily paid parking pass regardless of accessibility needs. Parking regulations are enforced 24/7.
- DART is a free service provided by USC Transportation to assist USC students, faculty and staff with mobility issues in getting around the University Park campus. Although DART provides on-call transportation when possible, individuals are highly encouraged to make a reservation due to potential high volume of transports which may lead to delays in service.
DART offers two electric golf carts, one with wheelchair access, that are not city-street legal and are therefore limited to the UPC perimeter.
- USC Supplemental Safe Ride Program provides free rides to students, faculty and staff at UPC between 7:00 AM to 2:00 AM seven days a week within the former Safe Ride Program boundaries and between UPC, HSC, and Union Station.
- USC Shuttles may be rented from the Office of Transportation for larger events, or when traveling in large groups, by completing a Request Form. Shuttles may be reserved for official University sponsored events only and certain requirements may apply.
- USC Supplemental Safe Ride Program, powered by Lyft, provides free rides to students, faculty, and staff at HSC between 7:00 AM to midnight, Monday through Friday, in specified zones. To utilize this program students, faculty, and staff should email Michelle Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org. A unique invitation code will be granted to you.
*Make sure your app says USC Safe Rides or HSC Safe Rides in the promo section of the app. The quote fare box will say FREE after you enter your pick-up and drop-off locations and you will receive a $0.00 receipt upon ride completion (note that Primetime fares and cancellations may not be covered).
- Circuit Tram routes are available between 9:00 AM to 4:40 PM.
- Bubble Cars are offered through Keck upon request and are typically geared towards servicing patients.
- HVS Valet services, offer a shuttle for Keck Employees only from the Pablo Station and Valley Parking lot to Keck Hospital.
- Shuttles run Monday through Friday between 7:00 AM to 9:25 PM (est. arrivals/departures every 15 – 20 minutes during Fall and Spring semesters). Shuttles are equipped with accessible lifts. To learn more about USC shuttles visit About USC Buses.